- Excellent Compensation
- Great Exposure
About Our Client
The client is an international insurance player specialising in supporting clients across marine, engineering, petrochemicals and oil and gas sectors.
Reporting to the CEO, the role will involve the following:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of underwriting and claim managament and review strategic initiatives and operational activities on a regular basis and provide leadership to the staff of the General Insurance
- Department for effective guidance and decision-making.
- Manage the effective achievement through the leadership of the General Insurance Department.
- Oversee the consolidation and recommend the General Insurance department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget
- Develop guidelines in for underwriting function to ensure that all aspects of risk management, risk exposure, loss prevention and other technical issues are all covered and incorporated by the underwriting section and implemented and reflected on all approved facilities
- Work closely with the Claims Manager to ensure efficiency of the claim process and that all pre-risk surveys, claims surveys, and settlement are documented for proper assessing of financial profit or loss.
- Evaluate claim handling practices and performance to identify vulnerabilities and reveal operational and financial opportunities
- Plans and implement the Company's standards in identifying the element of reinsurance program based on loss potential or severity and resolving matters, relating to cost, policy limits, and types of insurance coverage
- Maintain a smooth and productive working relation with insurance brokers, carriers, and alternate methods of insurance by comparing differing coverage, premiums, policy terms, and other provisions to arrange for adequate insurance protection for the assets of the Company or any of our subsidiaries
- Develop and oversee the implementation of department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of
- Captive and Reinsurance department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensure that all departmental reports of Captive and Reinsurance are prepared timely and accurately
- Provide timely, accurate and complete progress reports to the Chief Executive Officer on the financial and operational progress of the Department and the achieved results.
- Represent the General Insurance team at management, and Board of Directors meetings as and when authorized by the CEO.
- Ensure that the department plans are within the agreed budget and timescales through providing timely, accurate and complete progress report to the CEO on the financial and operational progress of the department.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Economics or related field
- Master Degree in Risk & Insurance Management is a plus
- Professional Certification in various insurance and reinsurance courses such as ACII or CII is an advantage
- 14 - 18 years experience in insurance business with at least 5 years in managerial level in an energy, oil/gas and
- petrochemical environment
- Strong communication skills
- Arabic speakers are preferred
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation and great exposure