Chief Technology Officer - Banking
Fantastic opportunity to lead and shape an IT function of a leading bank
Must have strong banking IT leadership experience in the Middle East
About Our Client
A successful and forward thinking bank with ambitious aspirations for customer journey and technology improvements.
- Design IT strategies and accomplish Information System objectives that run parallel with the approved Information Systems roadmap
- Consult with user management to identify, evaluate and formulate strategies to deal with opportunities for improvements in information systems
- Review and approve departmental business plans and operating budgets and ensure that they are aligned with the overall business strategy, vision of the organisation.
- Assist in hardware, software and contractor evaluation and recommend courses of action.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery capabilities are tested and available as per the organisation's Business Continuity Planning requirements
- Participate in researching, assessing, negotiating and contracting vendors for products suitable for the organisation's requirements
- Generate and escalate periodic and requested reports ensuring accuracy and timely delivery
- Participate in the selection and development of HR via conducting interviews, coaching staff and evaluating performance of employees
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the field and related matters of interest to the department and act as the subject matter expert
- Prepare, secure approval and implement department operating budget and operate within specified guidelines
The Successful Applicant
- Progressive banking IT experience of a minimum of 15 years with at least 5 years in a key leadership role at a financial services organisation
- Prior experience in leading a large banking IT function in the Middle East
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or an equivalent.
- Disciplined and process oriented, able to design and lead organisation wide implementation of the best controls and processes
- Ability to explain technical matters to non-technical staff, board members and external stakeholders
What's on Offer
- Attractive tax free salary
- Dynamic leadership role
- International environment