Collections Director - Saudi Nationals Only
Opportunity to join the Kingdom's leading project development agency.
Opportunity to work for a government entity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading government organization that is responsible for some of the 'mega' development and real estate projects in the kingdom.
- Manage the effective achievement of unit objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal - in order to maximise subordinate and the performance.
- Prepare and recommend unit budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget so that the business is aware of anticipated costs/revenues, and areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Participate in the development of department policies and procedures and manage implementation to ensure all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled.
- Ensure that all defaulting customers are contacted by mail message or through the call center in order to recover the defaulting payments through a personalized approach and a non-legal process.
- Undertake the required initiatives in order to ensure collection of moneys owed, when customers are prepared to make payments.
- Ensure all defaulting & existing customers are contacted through follow- up calls or in person, in order to reach an acceptable payment solution which protects the interests of the fund.
- Ensure that payments due are collected from customers or a settlement is reached to ensure that all dues are structured in an effective manner. Organize the settlement or structuring of payments when a case which has been transferred for legal action can be negotiated before a formal litigation has been initiated in order to ensure efficient handling of owed payments.
- Initiate legal action through the legal department, following the required approvals - for recovery of outstanding payments. following the required approvals
- Prepare comprehensive background information relating to the defaulting case in order to enable Legal department to take further action
- Carry out the necessary actions in order to appropriately co-ordinate with the fund's external / internal legal advisors on bad loans and facilities involving litigation
- Provide all financial reports in order to reflect the progress of collections. Plan the allocation of staff of the call centers and the collection agency in order to ensure work is undertaken in a structured and efficient way.
- Ensure that all transaction documents are archived properly in the computer database in order to facilitate for future retrieval needs. Ensure that the computer database is complete for receipt of all documentation needed for legal action or legal compliance, and any follow-up action.
- Ensure the preparation and release of periodical MIS and progress reports to keep top management informed about the progress of various collection issues and to facilitate decision making.
- Assist in managing the talent pipeline in the department through effective utilization of employee development program, mentoring program, career planning and succession planning.
- Stimulate team members and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of unit systems, processes and practices taking into account 'international best practice', improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety, security and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor Degree in Business
- Post- graduate qualification from a recognized institution is preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the banking sector (handling credit related matters) including at least 3 years in positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities
- Good Banking operational skills
- Good mathematical skills
- Risk assessment skills
- Collection skills
- Communication skills
- Networking skills
- Driving performance for improvement
- Building Partnership
- Developing Self and others
- Commercial Acumen
What's on Offer
Competitive package with benefits