Commercial Counsel - MENAT
Exciting opportunity to work for a global media company
Excellent career opportunities
About Our Client
MCN - Middle East Communication Network. MCN is one of the leading advertising and marketing communications agency networks in the MENA region. It is the overall managing company for several key advertising, marketing and media companies in the Middle East. MCN is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE : IPG) - a global leader in modern marketing solutions with more then 50,000 diverse and talented individuals. The agencies specialize in consumer advertising, digital marketing, communications planning and media buying, public relations and specialty marketing. With over 65 agency offices across 14 countries and 16 cities, MCN produces a wide spectrum of work for their clients' brands - from project based solutions to long-term integrated campaigns created by multiple agencies.
Reporting to MCN General Counsel, and as part of the wider Interpublic legal team, you will provide legal support across all commercial and content related matter's to the MCN network. Your primary and initial focus will be to support the advertising agencies in all client, and supplier contract negotiations in the MCN MENA region.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of client/agency agreements for a variety of work (full service, creative, digital, project basis etc.)
- Review and clearance of content (broadcast and non-broadcast, including social media)
- Drafting terms and conditions for prize promotions and on line competitions
- Negotiation of ancillary agreements required for campaigns (e.g. celebrity and talent agreements)
- Supplier/contractor agreements for the Agency
- Working with the Interpublic's Regional Legal Counsel based in London to ensure best practice is adopted by all MCN agencies
- Research and preparation of alerts and guides on various topics on both new developments and ongoing issues to be used by Agency account teams.
- Organisation of training programmes and sessions for Account teams and other members of agencies.
- Preparation of and giving presentations to internal clients
- Attending conferences, potentially some outside the MENA region, and willingness to travel to negotiate deals independently.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be need to be a qualified lawyer with experience in the Middle East.
- Qualified lawyer UK/US/AUS or regional Middle East accreditation
- Arabic speaker read and write
- Minimum 3-4 years PQE experience
- Exposure to UAE commercial/corporate law
- Excellent written and verbal communication
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive a market competitive salary with benefits.