Core Banking Development Lead
Core Banking Development Lead - 12 Month Contract - UAE
Newly merged bank - can start immediately.
About Our Client
Large newly formed merged bank in Abu Dhabi.
- Work together with Development Team Leads/ Developers, cross-functional, cross-technical teams to plan and ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that software deliverables remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Track and report the status of Development of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that deliverable scope is adequately defined. Plan to meet the SLA's through a thorough review and correction process.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities to end users and other IT teams with the deployment of software enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules.
- Develop / improve on the software development plan / methodology that are in line with the contemporary software development processes.
- Helping developers resolve problems both technical as well as human resources issues, tracking overall resource usage and monitoring individual employees' performance and relaying this to upper management.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Optimize the cost by ensuring optimal usage of resources and at the same time not compromising on the quality and timeline aspects.
- Work along with the solution architecture group and the support group to drive improvements in the applications portfolio.
Track and report the performance on a periodic basis (weekly and monthly) to the different stake-holders in IT.
The Successful Applicant
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10-12 years of overall experience with developing and delivering commercial/enterprise software solutions, preferably T24 core banking system.
- Minimum of 4 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development.
- Experience in Banking and Financial Services related software development and/ or related software experience with a large banks / software development company showcasing strong program Management/ leadership skills.
- Strong hands on experience in Core Banking projects not excluding Project management, requirement gathering, performing gap analysis, Implementation, Development, Implementation, customization and Production Support & Management. Exposure in Upgrade would be an added advantage.
- A record of successful delivery of software systems as an individual, team leader and or/ development lead.
- Able to build and maintain strong collaborative working rapport among multiple partners.
- Able to manage co-located and virtual vendor teams.
- Eagerness to contribute beyond call of duty
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with various levels of management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Exposure in Oracle, TAFC, TAFJ
Should have a working knowledge of Temenos T24 R12 or above
What's on Offer
12 month contract with a good possibility of extending further.
Working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
Exposure to new technologies and implementations.