Credit Analyst - Commodity Trade Finance
About Our Client
The client is a well known commercial bank with its international headquarters in London, UK and branches all over the world. The bank provides services and products such as consumer banking, investment banking, corporate and private banking and trade finance.
The key responsibilities are the following:
- Perform detailed and thorough credit risk analysis of new and existing corporate counterparties, in particular Trading houses (from large to small boutiques)
- Follow and review risk trends and market news
- Renew credit applications prior to due date
- Support new business development and client coverage across the targeted client base in EMEA
- Collaborate with team members to support the corporate strategy.
- Oversee middle office to ensure payments, collaterals, waivers and covenants etc are carried out in a timely manner
- Work closely with corporate banking departments to develop new FI clients to meet departments' requirements and cross-sell the wider products and services provided by the bank and to maximize the interest of the bank.
- Ensure that the highest standards of internal practices are followed by working closely with the Legal & Compliance, Internal Audit, Risk Management and Human Resources departments
- Onboarding clients, customer due diligence and ensuring KYC files are completed and updated when and if need be
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience as a credit analyst.
- Experience working with the commodity trading sector, ideally cross commodities in an international bank
- Strong experience in credit analyses of trading houses and credit risk awareness
- Strong product knowledge, particularly when assessing the risks for the Commodity Finance stages (ie prepayments, inland storage, shipments, receivable financings etc)
- Experience in cash flow modelling is a plus
- Fluent french speaker is a plus
What's on Offer
Excellent exposure and reputable organization