The role offers you to be a part of the core credit control team
The role will be managing the cash collections of UAE, KSA and Kuwait
About Our Client
Our client is a principal joint energy solution provider that operates in the Nuclear, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, and Mining sectors across Middle East and Europe. They have a committed management and are now looking to further expand their finance function in Kuwait by hiring an experienced Credit Controller
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working alongside the Finance Business Partner, the Credit Controller will be responsible to/for:
- Ability to review contract in detail to highlight the key milestones/commercials to the billing team
- Coordinating with the sales and operations team to ensure that the customer data base always reflects the correct level of credit limit and credit days
- Willing to visit customers at the stage of bidding to assess the credit worthiness of the customer
- Provide ad hoc reporting on AR outstanding and ageing analysis including DSO`s
- Able to do complex reconciliations - reconciling the statement of account with the balances provided by customers to ensure collectability of the receivables and confirmation of balances
- Ensuring that the accounting for the customer collections is robust whereby the receipts are matched to appropriate invoices, deductions for rebates, promotions, listing fees, etc. are matched to the agreement and accounted for against accruals or by appropriate debit to the profit and loss account
- Forecasts collections for the month in advance and deliver what was committed
- Prepares and maintains an excel file with the provision for bad debts based on collection experiences, conversation history and reconciliation of accounts with the customer
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Credit Controller role will have
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant Credit Controlling/AR managing experience.
- Candidates with Professional Finance & Accounting Qualification will be preferred.
- Candidates should have been a part of leading companies handling a high-volume of invoices/cash collections
- Candidates who have worked with customers from UAE and Oman would be highly preferred
- Strong communication skills and should have a track-record of building/maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. The role offers the autonomy to be a part of the core credit control team managing the regions cash collections for a multinational client.