Credit Risk Manager
Arabic Speaker Credit Risk manager role in a leading bank based in Kuwait
Must be currently located in GCC, with preference to Kuwaiti residents
About Our Client
Our Client is a renowned bank with headquarters in Kuwait and a strong international presence with plans for further expansion. This bank is now looking for a Credit Risk Manager/ Sr. Manager, to facilitate timely credit reviews, supervise wholesale banking portfolio and provide inputs for the Bank's credit and other risk policies, procedures framework as well as the overall appetite and risk tolerance
This is a managerial position that will be accountable for the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide an independent risk perspective and manage credit risk of the assigned portfolio proactively to ensure high quality of assets.
- To ensure compliance with the Bank's credit policies and procedures and check adherence with CBK regulations.
- Facilitate in compiling comprehensive risk analysis within the agreed SLAs on the proposal and recommend possible risk mitigation strategies and credit improvements to facilitate the overall risk-return.
- Undertake special projects and assignments in the area of Credit Risk and initiate internal controls for improving asset quality and to mitigate risk.
- Work with colleagues in Market, Operations, Model and Enterprise Risk on Group Risk initiatives and problems that impact the Risk Strategy and overall risk profile of the bank.
- Regular monitoring of the credit portfolio and identifying early signals of high risk accounts on an ongoing basis based on the client's account conduct, local market intelligence, etc. and subsequently highlighting the same to the senior management.
Planning, Organizing, Managing, Monitoring and Controlling team members professional activities, guiding them to develop core expertise and competencies by applying various management/leadership styles befitting the situation to bring about optimum results with minimal resources.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Credit Risk Manager is required to meet the following criteria:
- At least 7 years of experience in credit risk department and currently sitting in a manager position.
- Qualified with a bachelor's degree (preferably in accounting, finance or business management) and an accounting or finance based certification.
- Be fluent in both English and Arabic.
- Must be currently located in the GCC with GCC experience, with preference to candidates currently based in Kuwait.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to advance in their career with this leading bank.