Credit Risk Manager
About Our Client
The client is a New York headquartered payments business with operations globally - they have been in business for 20 years and have recently set-up in the region; they have also been making headlines recently for positive news surrounding their business.
- Preparing detailed credit reports by analyzing the financial and business profile of the organization's existing portfolio of clients as well as new clients.
- Financial analysis including in-depth analysis of client's profitability, asset quality, liquidity, capitalization, debt position etc. as well as preparing financial spreads and conducting ratio analysis.
- Business review includes analyzing the business model, future strategy, market position, management, peer comparison etc. which helps in better understanding the business situation of the client and the market in which it operates.
- Presenting the credit applications to the CFO for approval and actively participating in the discussions on the credit proposals submitted.
- Recommending the various risk mitigants such as collateral, guarantee etc. that can be used in order to reduce the credit risk for certain high-risk relatively weak smaller clients.
- Implementing risk controls and processes to effectively monitor the various products allocated to different clients. The objective is to ensure the product exposure remains within the pre-decided threshold exposure limits.
- Effectively managing our large portfolio of clients across different countries by regularly interacting with Business team and clients to know about their financial plans, future projects, recent financial results, new business developments etc. thereby maintaining an effective business relationship and a sound portfolio.
- Regularly conducting "Credit monitoring" to ascertain any changes in creditworthiness of our clients. Regularly reviewing client performance and reporting any adverse movements promptly.
- Daily Monitoring of exposure through settlement reports and exposure monitoring tools to ensure we promptly address settlement concerns.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics or strong quantitative background
- Formalized Credit Training (preferred) from an accredited financial institution
- 5-10 years of credit experience in a financial institution/rating agency
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and a team oriented person
- The job involves extensive travel opportunities for direct interaction with the regional clients providing a fantastic perspective on client relationship manageme.
What's on Offer
- Fin-tech exposure
- Growth prospects