Data Engineer - 6 month renewable contract
Leading International company
Exciting transformation project
About Our Client
Michael Page Digital have partnered with a leading international company for this role.
- The role requires extensive work with onboarding various data sources using real-time, batch load or scheduled loads. The sources can be in cloud, on premise or API-based.
- The role requires expertise in data ingestion platforms such as Apache Sqoop, Apache Flume, Amazon kinesis, Fluentd, Logstash etc.
- The role requires operational experience with Big Data Technologies and Engines including Presto, Spark, Hive and Hadoop Environments.
- The role requires operational expertise in creation of operational dashboards using various tools.
- The role requires AWS experience in S3, Athena, EMR, Redshift, Aurora, MySQL and DynamoDB.
- The role requires expertise in securing the big data environment including encryption, tunneling, access control, secure isolation.
- This role require experience in Apache Ranger for security & auditing of the data environment.
- Big Data and Statistical Analysis Support for supporting in the creation of Dashboards, Alerts, Reports and Decisions.
- Operates and Acts as "go-to" person for daily data operations including extracting, monitoring, evaluating, validating and interpreting the ingested data.
- Provides Tracking Mechanisms for the Data Lake, Data Marts, Datawarehouse to check their performance
- Provide in-depth conclusions, insights into the variances of data and trends.
- Perform complex data root cause analysis in case of issues.
- Create, Schedule, Compile and Distribute reports, dashboards for the ingested data.
- Gather requirements to perform complex queries with unestablished data sets that effectively represent the status of business performance.
- Establishes key performance indicators for data ingestion, data lake, data validation, query performance, infrastructure performance for big data.
- Strong ability to illustrate performance, mentoring, and statistical concepts through reporting and graphical representation.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
The Successful Applicant
*** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN QUBOLE PLATFORM ***
- This role requires operational expertise & experience on Qubole Data Services Platform for Big Data Service management.
What's on Offer
An industry leading remuneration package is on offer as well as the chance to work on a great project with a diverse and progressively thinking team.