Director of Internal Audit
Exclusive to Heads of Audit / Audit Directors from a healthcare background.
Senior role - Based in Abu Dhabi - UAE experience essential.
About Our Client
My client is a large group of businesses in the healthcare space.
The Director of Internal Audit directs & contributes to a comprehensive program of internal auditing and serves the Board of Directors in its responsibility for oversight and leadership. You will report administratively to the Chief Executive Officer, but be accountable to, and takes direction from, the Board's Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee.
Your key decisions will involve;
- Making recommendations to the Board & CEO on audit decisions that have an organisation-wide impact.
- Making key decisions to avoid errors & ensure accuracy in audit processes across the organisation, to avoid substantial expense and provide critical and complex value of an audit.
- Making decisions regarding analytical and modelling techniques and tools which impact organisational reporting.
Your key strategic accountabilities will include;
- Contributions to the development & refinement of the department's strategic initiatives, in line with the group's overall strategy, and ensure alignment across assets and departments
- Set Internal Audit Department guidelines and performance objectives, in coordination with the CEO
- Continuously monitor progress and development towards organisational and departmental strategic objectives
Your key organisational accountabilies will include;
- Overseeing the establishment of the shared Internal Audit department including its people, processes, and technology requirements
- Overseeing the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure all relevant requirements are fulfilled whilst delivering high-quality services
- Prepare the yearly budget of the Department and control costs to respect the limits of the allocated budget
Your key operational accountabilities will include;
- Evaluate and contribute to improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes
- Design and implement a quality assurance and improvement program for the Internal Audit Department
- Oversee assignments to initiate internal audits, lead the development of tools and checklists, & oversee delivery
- Lead data collection & analysis to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies
- Provide informed and independent opinion to the audited asset on compliance with internal policies, guidelines, exceptions and deviations ensuring that the group fosters ethical and compliant behaviour
- Lead the development and communication of action plans to relevant departments & monitor progress of implementation
- Contribute to investigations on the misuse of resources when applicable to drive optimisation across the group
- Direct the preparation of reports and distribute them to the relevant stakeholders to highlight issues & problems
- Ensure all KPIs for key strategic processes are relevant and being measured periodically as per the guidelines to better monitor process performance, across assets
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will currently be in a senior Internal Audit role (Director / Head of) and will have existing UAE experience. You will also demonstrate the following competencies;
- Communicates with purpose - Conveys ideas &information to groups for mutual understanding, commitment and action.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for one's actions regardless of outcomes
- Relationships - Creates & maintains partnerships based on mutual trust, respect, shared responsibility & purpose
- Improve - Recommends and Implements changes to better the enterprise and position the group as the recognised leader in all healthcare specialities
- Nurture & Develop - Seeks & supports development opportunities for self & others, in order to fulfil current or future responsibilities more effectively
- Go Beyond Patient Expectations - Leverages skills, caregivers, financial & business information to exceed patient expectations
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Influencing and Lobbying
- Effective Communication
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Internal Audit Professional Frameworks
- Internal Audit Management and Delivery
- Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks
- Critical Thinking
- Local, Regional & Global Statutory and Regulatory Knowledge
Candidates must be qualified to a degree level, in addition to a professional qualification in either Audit or Accounting (e.g. CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA). You will also demonstrate a minimum of 12 years relevant professional experience.
What's on Offer
In return, my client offers an excellent salary range, as detailed above, in addition to a very strong family benefits package. They are well known in Abu Dhabi for having one of the nicest working environments of any major organisation in the region.