- Implement/maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework
- Develop and deliver risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences
About Our Client
Largest megacity project in the world
- Implement/maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for the Megacity project.
- Develop and deliver risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences of the Megacity project to ensure they are aware of relevant risks (including the Board and sector heads).
- Engage with the Megacity-wide stakeholders in preparation for Executive Risk Committee activities and act as secretary for the Committee.
- Help ensure appropriate visibility of all types of risks across the Megacity so executives, managers and staff are sufficiently informed to help them achieve their objectives and the Megacity's vision.
- Work with "risk owners" to conduct prioritized, detailed analysis of the the Megacity's key risks and the control framework.
- Ensure the Megacity has the ability to identify and manage emerging risks in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the Megacity's previous handling of risks and external best practices, to identify opportunities to improve the ERM Framework and supporting risk process/procedures.
- Establish and quantify the Megacity's risk appetite, preparing a suitable statement to that effect.
- Liaise closely with Internal Audit in the development of a risk-based audit program.
- Deliver an integrated program/approach to risk management which acknowledges and complements other "2nd line of management" compliance-based disciplines.
- Provide support, education and training to build a strong performance/risk culture in the Megacity.
- Provide guidance and assistance to business units with the identification, evaluation, understanding, management and communication of significant business risks.
- Partner with management to help them prepare risk self-assessments, including analyzing controls, identifying gaps and facilitating creation of treatment strategies/action plans.
- Coordinate and cultivate the Megacity's Risk Network of Risk Champions, enhancing the enterprise-wide risk management awareness and activities.
- Program manage the delivery of services by third party service providers to ensure all objectives delivered to time and cost budget.
- Assist in the development and annual planning of ERM activities, budgets and resources.
- Perform/assist on related activities e.g. special projects, department initiatives as required.
Maintain connections with professional risk networks/initiatives to help identify and share best practices as part of the continuous improvement of the Megacity's ERM.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Advanced degree/risk qualification and/or qualified accountant (preferred).
- 10+ years of ERM, audit, project management or related experience with 5 - 7 years developing/operating an ERM process and/or in a broad risk management/strategic consulting role for Executive and Senior Management.
- Strategic/enterprise wide/collaborative (rather than compliance) mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to: "win hearts and minds"; and communicate complex issues in a simple way to management, executives and the Audit Committee and Board.
- Experience and capability to deputize for Executive Director (if required).
- Ability to:work independently in a continuously changing environment; and meet aggressive deadlines. Agile. Detailed/results oriented. Problem solving/critical thinking.
- Well versed in risk management and internal control (i.e. SOX) best practices.
- Experience with risk quantification (to check the validity of business plans/key assumptions e.g. scenario planning/Monte Carlo simulation).
- Preferable: Sector experience (e.g. Capital Projects, Technology, Energy, Leisure).
- Experience using/ideally implementing Corporate Objectives/Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software.
- Disciplined project management and document recording/retention.
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
- Exceptional report writing skills.
What's on Offer
Very competitive salary package