- Opportunity to report to the General Manager of the business
- Opportunity to bring a change in the current Finance function
About Our Client
The group has over 10 legal entities and generates 500m+ USD in annual turnover across the Middle East. They have restructured their finance function and generated a new position in their current structure of a 'Finance and Operations Manager'.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for:
Financial Management (70%):
- Manage the financial reporting process of leading projects, providing guidance, training, and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel
- Participate in monthly financial meetings with the Project Managers
- Prepare annual project budgets and revise forecasts quarterly
- Create and maintain tracking systems that provide basic data on expenditure against the budget and develop/recommend cost cutting and compliant strategies where necessary
- Oversee preparation of financial records related to general ledger, payroll, budget, expense, etc.
- Develop and put into practice procedures for handling finances and accounting, review accounting discrepancies and recommend corrective actions
Business Operations (30%):
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices
- Assist in resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants
The Successful Applicant
- ACCA / CA qualified or relevant professional accounting qualification
- 8-12 years of experience in a similar role managing Finance, HR, IT, and/or Admin functions
- Previous experience in Internal Audit is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial systems
- Proactive leader with the ability to transform the finance function and bring a change in existing processes
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is an exciting opportunity for a Busines Support Manager to further progress their career within a manufacturing firm.