Finance Director, South Africa
Excellent growth opportunity
- Global best practice exposure
About Our Client
Our Client is an International FMCG Supplier operating across the African continent. They have an established history of excellence, growing steadily over the past 7 years to a staff count of over 500 in Africa.
The business is looking at growing to new heights and have set their sights on Southern Africa. The new facility in South Africa will employ roughly 170 specialised & highly trained staff benefiting from industry leading training, development & quality.
The business is driven by its high performing, international leadership which brings added industry experience & knowledge to the business. The stringent focus to quality, innovation, integrity & leadership means our Client is looking to invest in South Africa for the long-term and has ambitious targets for the months and years to come.
This entrepreneurial Group has built an international reputation of delivering quality products within challenging regions and is looking to transfer their experience and knowledge to the South African market. They invest in growing the talent within South Africa, through training at their flagship plant as well as at their local site. Our Client aims to be fully operational by the start of 2019.
The successful Finance Director will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following duties:
- Collaborates with the Country Manager to define and articulate the organisation's vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
- Provide strategic direction and management of the Finance & IT functions
- Participate in preparation of the Annual Plan and Strategic Business Plans
- Ensure the design of a robust business-decision-making framework
- Act in a fiduciary capacity, protecting the value of the brand through safeguarding assets of the company
- Ensure compliance with the company's policies, procedures and local statutory regulations.
- Manage Statutory and Internal Auditors.
- Co-lead with the Country Manager the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) exercise
- Proactively advise the senior management in regards to Risks & Opportunities (R&Os)
- Conduct/review financial feasibility studies of new projects along with decision support
- Provide/review financial projections on cash budgets (i.e. monthly, annually)
- Assure in collaboration with group treasury that the negotiated bank facilities are competitive
- Review the daily bank status reports and cash flow forecasts and initiate the necessary directives
- Assure monthly financial statements are generated with quality within the specified deadlines
- Assure timely and complete year-end closing in preparation for annual audit.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Finance Director will be based in Johannesburg and will have the following attributes:
- CA(SA) or CIMA
- At least 12-15 years of significant financial management experience in a multinational FMCG, Pharma or other manufacturing organisation with minimum revenue of USD 80mil
- Preferably a candidate who is currently a Financial Controller or Senior Finance Manager and is ready to step up into a FD responsibility
- Ability to build and create systems (innovator)
- Knowledgeable in reviewing & preparing Financial Statements in compliance with IFRS
- Management & leadership experience
- Experienced in providing business partnering (i.e Decision support) across all functions aligned with the senior management
- Ability to take on responsibility in addition to managing finance (e.g. IT & Procurement teams)
- Very driven and entrepreneurial individual
- Experience in interacting with an international board
- Proficient experience in the use of ERP systems (ideally SAP) along with advanced excel skills for modelling purposes
What's on Offer
This opportunity offers an excellent growth outlook for driven individuals in an organisation that has within the shortest amount of time outshone very matured and established businesses in the industry. The business is managed by individuals that had previously been in global leadership roles and offer now a great learning curve to anyone joining them for their operations in South Africa.