- Opportunity to work for a Leading International School based in Bahrain
- Excellent career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international school that is based in Bahrain.
- Monitor day to day accounting and finance transactions of the school
- Preparation of financial statements and management reports
- Maintain accounting control and ensure that all transactions are posted under correct accounting heads
- Ensure the accuracy of accounts receivables and payables
- Develop budgets and monitor cash flow for the school
- Analyze the expenditure trends & revenue and provide recommendations to maintain expenditure control
- Analyze variances in budgets vs actuals and provide reports to the management
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that accurate documentation is maintained for audit purposes
- Approve grace period extensions for students with respect to payment of fees
- Review and approve payments for petty cash and review the expenditure periodically
- Provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are adhered to by all staff members
- Oversee administration functions such as HR, IT, Procurement, Admissions, Business Development, Facilities and Maintenance, Security, Admin Support
- Business partner with the operations, marketing and team of teachers/ principal regarding building new projects
- Manage outsourced operations such as maintenance, cleaning, school security, drainage, fire alarms etc.
- Supervise and approve departmental budgets
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance & Accounting or related; professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a Finance and accounts function
- Experience in the education sector is a plus
- Strong leadership skills and track record of team management
- Strong business acumen
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive monthly pay along with incentives. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing International School based in Bahrain.