Fund Accounting - Manager
Great work-life balance
About Our Client
The client is a multi-billion dollar investment vehicle that has built a significant global portfolio across a wide range of asset classes
The key responsibilities are:
- Supporting the strategic planning exercise by providing relevant financial data and carrying out feasibility studies to assess viability of proposed projects.
- Contributing to the provision of financial advice and financial information to management through effective operation of the Finance accounting function and control of key financial process.
- Implementing work processes designed to enhance internal control within Finance and processes in providing sound accounting advice to the Finance team.
- Contributing to the preparation and approval of operating and capital budgets and monitor these by designing appropriate controls so that the organization operates within the budget framework.
- Contributing to the preparation of financial statements and maintenance of books of accounts with the aim to ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with IFRS.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of the month-end and year-end closing schedules aimed at meeting all critical deadlines.
- Coordinating with the Internal Auditor, ensuring the proper maintenance of all financial records and their adherence to approved accounting policies, procedures, work instructions and authorization levels.
- Liaising with internal and external auditors regarding audit requirements and implement audit recommendations.
- Assisting in the review, analyze and interpret accounting and financial reports for senior management and provide assistance in formulating recommendations to management.
- Assisting in the implementation of computerized accounting system including project progress monitoring and contribute to the development of system user procedures.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal canddiate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA or CAT is mandatory.
- Prior work experience at a leading investment fund, institutional global asset management firm, hedge fund, pension fund or sovereign wealth fund is hugely desireable
- 8-10 years in Accounting with experience in General Ledger management and preparation of financial statements.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Computer skills, especially Excel and applied systems
What's on Offer
Excellent exposure and great work-life balance