General Counsel - Abu Dhabi - FMCG / manufacturing business
General Counsel role in the capital, at a time when such positions are very rare
Chance to be part of the leadership team and be a key adviser to the board
About Our Client
Food & drink company owned by a well known holding group. The business has gone through a few exciting changes in recent years and is doing very well. They are incredibly busy during the lockdown period as their products are selling very well, so the business is in good shape. The management team is made up of very impressive personnel with multinational backgrounds.
- Participate in decision making process through provision of legal advice/ recommendations to senior management
- Developing and implementing internal corporate policies and procedures
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations
- Take the lead role in communication with high level officials and governmental authorities
- Keep abreast of changes in laws and regulations
- Lead the structuring and high level negotiation of core business acquisitions and transactions
- Ensure protection of the Company's intellectual property rights and copy rights
- Lead the management and coordination of external counsel
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you MUST have the following:
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Experience of having lead a legal department in the past
- Minimum 10 years of legal experience
- Some multinational experience
In addition to this, experience in FMCG / F&B would be a big advantage
What's on Offer
We all know that the market is a little tough in light of the Covid crisis, so senior GC and Legal Director level positions like this are more rare than ever before.
This opportunity is a chance to be a senior stakeholder in the business, with a crucial role in challenging the mindset of the management team and advising them on key strategic business decisions. The quality of work is excellent, and it is a very successful business financially. There is room for growth within the role so this hire needs to be someone who is ambitious in their career.