Global Sourcing Manager - Chemicals Oil & Gas
An exciting opportunity to be the Global Lead for Chemicals within Oil & Gas
You must have experience managing a global oil & gas chemicals portfolio
About Our Client
A leading oil & gas services company with global offices and global sourcing hubs in the UAE
Manages Senior Sourcing resources dedicated to the specialty chemicals sourcing portfolio and junior sourcing resources from the global hub for allocated regional oil & gas projects.
- Receives sourcing plan and project opportunities from Categories and Areas.
- Develops action plans, timelines, resource assignments and business cases for each of these opportunities.
- Has the project planning, staffing and business case approved
- Staffs the projects approved by Segments and leads the project execution including:
- The data collection (Spend, needs, market) and analysis
- The effective location, evaluation and selection of a high-performing supply base in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers if relevant or through new suppliers if required.
- The execution of RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership.
- The supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with Quality standards and Supplier Managers if applicable.
- The negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- The analysis of the different offers and the recommendation of 1 or several award scenario.
- The review of the contracting process with suppliers in coordination the Contract Management Specialist.
- The communication with Segment Account Lead at Global Category and Area level to secure proper Segment engagement at all steps of the sourcing process.
- The update / creation of sourcing guides, catalogues and BPN whenever applicable with the help of the sourcing administrative support resources.
- The properformalization of the projects through:
- Proper global sourcing template utilization,
- Reliable and timely Ariba entries.
- The knowledge transfer to the designated Supplier Manager(s)
- Monitors that the projects of his/her category to deliver the expected outcome within the planned budget and timeframe, and according to global sourcing hub processes.
- Reviews project team evaluation (Segment and Internal) at the end of each project and develops whenever needed.
- Develops the global sourcing resources (Career plan, training…) in order to have top performing workforce and to develop and to adapt it to the Segments and business needs.
- Identifies together with other sourcing category managers, global managers and Area team opportunities for continuous improvement and client service attitude development.
- Complies with all company, international and local procedures applicable to the job function.
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Project assessment and business case.
- Project templates filled in.
- Contracts and pricing agreements.
- Global Sourcing performance metrics and staffing load follow up.
Key Performance metrics that relate to the job:
- Spend coverage (% Managed Spend).
- Cost reduction.
- Efficiency of the category (# of project delivered, average duration of project, spend covered by HC).
- Project compliance (with budget, resources planned…).
- Process compliance (to stage gate process, Ariba utilization…).
- Compliance of procurement with signed contract.
The Successful Applicant
If you do not have the following experience/credentials please DO NOT APPLY:
Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing.
8+ years' experience in strategically sourcing specialty chemicals within oil & gas, construction or manufacturing environment
*** You will not be contacted if you do not match the above criteria ***
What's on Offer