Government Affairs Director
Newly established Touist Destination - 2030 vision
Build the Government Affairs department from scratch
About Our Client
Developing a tourist destination to help drive leisure as an industry in Saudi Arabia.
Comparable heritage sites to Petra.
- Leads the governmental interface which is key for the proper unfolding of activities and projects (e.g. security project, scholarship program, tourism affairs..etc)
- Work closely with government bodies to ensure public engagement and consideration in all Development
- Liaise with government and public officials to establish trustful working relationships
- Responsible for the government administrative transactions Identify and prepare government correspondence templates and process requirements
- Support in Arrange programs, events, or conferences by arranging with related Governmental entities
- Develop processes and manuals for Government Affairs
- Serve as point of contact for Government Affairs inquiries
- Assist in preparing the budget for Government Affairs services & activities by defining and forecasting the yearly requirements
- Build and maintain good government relations to ensure the smooth process of obtaining permits related to different types of transactions
The Successful Applicant
- High degree of flexibility and organization skills to accommodate a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and service oriented environment
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and negation skills
- Experience in managing teams and external stakeholders
- Degree in Administration, Business or similar
- 10+ years of Government Affairs experience, 5 of which in in senior position
What's on Offer
Opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with a great multi-cultural team. They have a clear mandate to deliver and the financial backing to be able to do so.