Group Audit Director
It's a good career progression for an experieced Audit professionel
Opportunity to work in a renowned organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a well renowned FMCG company in Dubai.
- Lead Internal Audit's change initiative by implementing action plans related to risk assessment and annual planning, audit execution and audit reporting.
- Lead Internal Audit's annual risk assessment and enterprise risk assessment and planning process to develop the audit plan and ensure the plan is responsive to and aligned with the risk profile of the group.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of service quality and client satisfaction.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Engage with the Group Leadership Team (i.e. CFO, Senior Managers) and other key auditees on review basis. Reports the status of Internal Audit's ongoing monitoring activities, educate/inform of emerging risks and/or exposures (whether internal or external to the company) that should be considered, and serve as a leader with respect to risk management and internal control best practices.
- Proactively inform senior management of significant risks or exposures related to internal controls, compliance, and/or governance requiring prompt attention.
- Perform Internal controls assessments of acquired companies or joint venture companies and lead efforts to mitigate identified control deficiencies;
- Manage the process to track, follow-up, and ultimately close all open audit issues leveraging the Audit Committee, if necessary.
- Actively participate in executive management meetings and/or committees to ensure that Internal Audit is well informed of key business developments that could have an impact on audit priorities and/or plans.
- Ensure that Internal Audit is performing its work in accordance with established professional standards and remain abreast of emerging trends and best practices that can be incorporated into the function.
- Oversee Internal Audit's participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects ensuring that audit's perspective is effectively voiced and appropriate controls are designed and implemented on a proactive basis.
- Maintain audit technology platform leveraging support from the information systems group as needed.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors including how best to leverage the work performed and results produced from Internal Audit's work.
- Serve as the key point person for any third-party audits unless instructed otherwise.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree (and one of) CA, CPA or ACCA. Desirable: CIA and CISA
- 10 years' experience and Big 4 trained and qualified,
- Blue chip FMCG experience for 5 years+. Middle East Experience would be a plus.
- Experience of complex audits in a corporate environment, knowledge and experience in business cycles and more tailored commercial reviews
- Information Systems Audit experience and use of related IT audit tools and techniques including (ACL)
- Ability to think in an insightful way and manage multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal, people and team working skills
- Clear and professional communicator, both written and verbally
- Good attention to detail
- Problem solving and recommendation creativity
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills in English
- Good Excel / Word / Visio / PowerPoint/data analysis skills
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary. This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to advance in their career with this leading firm.