Group Procurement Manager - Saudi National
A local family group in Riyadh are looking for a Group Procurement Manager
Due to Saudization, the position is only available for a Saudi National
About Our Client
Our client, a leading travel company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia are looking for a procurement manager to set up and manage their group procurement function.
- Develops the strategy for the Procurement Division and guides the development of strategy for the reporting sections.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budget and annual operating plan for the Procurement Division and reporting sections.
- Manages the annual budget spend as per the annual operating plan for the Procurement Division and monitors deviations, if any.
- Measures performance against financial and strategic KPIs for the Procurement Division and provides guidance for achievement of targets.
Procurement Performance and Operations
- Streamlines workflows, processes and business practices to ensure consistency in procurement implementation across the Business Units.
- Ensures adherence to agreed service level agreements by contractors, vendors and suppliers to ensure high quality of services are provided to ATG.
- Monitors the development of the RFPs relevant to all departments / divisions' for centralized services (facilities management, professional services etc.), identifying requirements and communicating the same to vendors and implementation partners.
- Leads the evaluation of the responses received based on the RFPs, reviews analysis and participates in reviewing the bid from a technical and commercial perspective.
- Guides the development and maintenance of standard terms & conditions as well as contracts ensuring compliance to legal guidelines on contracting.
Vendor Relationship Management and Evaluation
- Communicates standardized procurement policies & procedures to the Procurement operations teams within the respective SBUs and ensures adherence through routine monitoring
- Reviews the benefit of the services rendered by the vendors and identifies opportunities for cost savings and measures results of sourcing and procurements initiatives.
- Directs and oversees the strategic partnerships with key suppliers, directing the maintenance of a supplier database, and ensuring periodic evaluation of services delivered.
- Ensures due diligence is conducted for new contractors and suppliers according to the defined prequalification criteria.
- Monitors the maintenance of vendor databases, including updating vendor evaluations and adding new vendors and implementation partners to ensure availability of qualified vendors when needed.
- Periodically reviews online system to ensure the consistency of vendor data, ensuring that all relevant fields (e.g. bank account details, contact details) are captured for the vendor records.
- Releases information when requested from other department / divisions according to specified criteria and in compliance with established policies, procedures and / or regulations.
- Reviews and shares ad-hoc reports including spend analysis, demand analysis etc. with the management in order to make decisions related to various vendors.
People Management Responsibilities
- Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensure effective implementation of the ATG performance management process.
- Manages the team members by evaluating their performance, providing feedback on an on-going basis, identifying development needs and coaching them to ensure capability development.
- Performs other responsibilities and tasks as directed by the EVP - Group CFO in order to meet section objectives
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
Relevant certifications in Procurement like Senior Professional in Supply Chain Management (SPSM), Certified International Procurement Professional (CIPP)
A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years in a similar role
Prior experience in a procurement operations function with exposure to vendor relationship management and sourcing, preferably in a large service-oriented organization
Ideally the person will already be based in Riyadh and have a network base of suppliers to work with who can bring value to the procurement function
What's on Offer
The package is as follows:
- Total package including housing basic & transport allowance is 35,000 SAR Per month
- Annual bonus of up to 2 months' salary