Head of Customer Experience
Exciting opportunity to implement change and strategy
Role based in Mauritius
About Our Client
Barclays Bank Mauritius Limited (BBML) has been present for nearly 100 years in the island country. It is now part of the largest banking institutions in Mauritius and since 11 July 2018, the holding company has changed from Barclays Africa Group Limited to Absa Group Limited.
Over time, the bank has been growing in a sustainable manner to become one of the key players in the financial sector, proposing a comprehensive service offering to individuals, small, medium and large domestic companies, as well as offshore companies. The success of the bank relies on helping their people achieve their ambitions through a broad range of learning and development opportunities in an engaging environment.
The Head of Customer Experience will have the following key accountabilities:
Provide Strategic Oversight
- Align Customer Obsession priorities with BBML's long term vision and ensure that all strategic plans and initiatives are considered and prioritized through the lens of the Customer.
- Develop and implement an overall strategic business plan to aggressively attracting new customers and retain existing customers. This plan will be in direct alignment with and support of the overall group strategy
- Customize a.nd implement a sustainable business model and operationalize the strategy for BBML. Assume responsibility for implementing and executing financial and sales target in collaboration with teams.
- Anticipate trends impacting Banking and shaping the design and development of long-term strategies for BBML to enable the bank to realize its financial aspirations and build a long-term sustainable business.
- Directing the shaping of commercially viable strategies for BBML including sizing and prioritizing the market, selecting the segments and markets in which BBML will play in, defining how Business will play in these segments and channel/cost-to-serve).
- Accountable for the setting of all customer, channel and go-to-market strategies and integrating these strategies and strategic delivery roadmaps to enable the desired commercial shape and customer experience.
Drive Business Performance
- Drive performance controls to proactively measure achievement against strategic targets and address changes or non-performance across all functions in the bank.
- Take ownership of customer experience measurement process, analysis and reporting including target setting based on continuous monitoring of customer feedback.
- Deploy initiatives to capture, manage , monitor and ultimately resolve all customer complaints.
- Drive the customer agenda, understand customer insights and disrupt current operating models through innovation across segments and supporting functions with the assistance of the Chief Operating Officer.
Customer Service Excellence
- Champion the case for change and have direct operational oversight over BBML's customer-facing segments and other customer-related functions including Customer Service and Branding
- Lead the execution of customer experience standards and monitor performance.
- Set standards and provide frameworks and methodologies for customer segmentation to enable the design of outside-in lead customer value propositions in line with the group framework.
- Build awareness around the customer and champion the cultural change to support the Customer Obsession journey and employee engagement across the bank.
- Have formal decision rights, budget and investment control to deploy initiatives endorsed by the board.
- Accountable for the delivery of a differentiated user experience through the provision of frameworks, methodologies, standards, principles and specialist advice to inform user experience design for all Banking products spanning the Omni channel
- Benchmark banking services offered across the continent and adopt best practice.
- Execute and analyse integrated marketing strategies and take to market, value propositions to deliver the desired customer and commercial shape in support of BBML financial aspirations.
The Successful Applicant
The Head of Customer Experience will require the following attributes:
- Honours B.Sc.-degree in Informatics / Business Sciences or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in the Financial Services sector desirable
- Demonstrated track record of leadership in a large corporate
- Retail, Business Banking and Digital Experience
- Familiar with business transformation / Culture Change projects
- Strategic thinker
- Strong Leadership ability and Influential skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing diverse teams
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready for a transformation journey in Mauritius with the ability to implement change and strategy.