Head of Strategy & Planning - Corporate Strategy
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Strategy Consulting professional
Must have strong Strategy & Planning leadership with Arabic language
About Our Client
An organisation driving interesting and exciting transformation initiatives in a variety of business units and sectors.
- Manage the development and implementation of the strategic planning and annual business planning framework, templates and processes in order to ensure adopting of leading practice in annual and strategic planning and compliance.
- Review the issues identified on the organisation's strategic planning and annual business planning framework, templates and processes in order to continuously identify improvements to ensure smooth and effective strategy formulation.
- Manage meetings and promote communications among the organisation's sector heads/leaders and personnel to develop a common understanding regarding the competitive environment and what the organisation's response to that environment (its strategy) should be.
- Lead the overall long-term Policy and Planning and integration of various plans. Manage the implementation of the strategic and operational plans at the sector level.
- Manage and facilitate translation of strategy into a set of clear short-term operational objectives as per the execution plans of the overarching strategy. Ensure key issues, elements, and needs of strategy implementation are translated into objectives, action plans, and "scorecards".
- Manage the effective achievement of Strategic Planning section's objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, conducting and reviewing performance appraisals for direct and indirect reports, assisting in recruitment, providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximise subordinates and section's performance.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level. Preferably Masters or MBA
- Deep experience in strategy development and implementation - at corporate and policy level
- Structured approach to strategy design - ideally developed from a leading strategy consultancy background
- Experience in market research, strategy execution and operational planning at sector and department level
- Successful track record of managing large-scale projects in terms of budget and scope - as well as managing strong teams of strategy professionals
- Flexible, adaptable, credible and comfortable working under pressure
- Articulate with excellent communication skills in English and Arabic - demonstrable experience working closely with demanding stakeholders in the UAE
What's on Offer
- Attractive package
- Exciting role with scope to drive strategic change and transformation at the highest level.