Internal Strategic Project Consultant - 6 Month Extendable FTC
Fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious organisation in the UAE
Must have experience with a top tier management consultancy
About Our Client
This is a leading UAE organisation with numerous exciting projects and opportunities across the whole operation. They are consistently investing in new initiatives and resources, as well as constant improvements and enhancements with a clear direction of only securing the best talent available on the market to help deliver the vision and build for the future.
- Support the project initiation and set up processes including getting approvals adhering to the governance and framework in place.
- Support the coordination of all resources on the project, interface with departments and all stakeholders and support in the successful execution of the project.
- Develop detailed project documents required prior to the project start as well as continued management and updates, such as: project plans, project charter and terms of reference, cost benefit analysis, risk/issue/dependency logs, budget, resourcing plans…etc.
- Provide supporting guidance and oversight to key project workstreams and members through data analyses, storyboarding, issue resolution, decision making support, administrative support, conducting detailed project reviews and managing stakeholder presentations.
- Provide quality assurance support by reviewing outputs and alignment across different project workstreams and dependencies/assumptions.
- Provide analytical support in complex problem-solving and modeling of solutions.
- Assist project teams in conducting a cost benefit analysis at each milestone in the project to take a go forward decision.
- Facilitate meetings and discussions, with follow ups to ensure appropriate actions and decisions are taken.
- Guide the project teams in effectively conducting reviews covering project schedules, delays, variance analyses and risks.
- Facilitate higher collaboration between cross functional teams and support regular communication updates to strategic stakeholders.
- Monitor the progress of the project, budget status and risks with regular communication of updates and escalations to the appropriate stakeholders/committees.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree, Master degree or above from internationally respected university/schools
- At least 5 years' work experience with top tier strategy management consulting or in-house internal consulting team (with combination of external strategy management consulting experience) with focus on financial services industry, with preference for investment/asset management sector
- Track record in delivery across the whole lifecycle of major business change projects from strategy development through to delivering/implementing the change - particularly on strategic transformational change
- Experience across a broad range of business management problem and issue agendas such as regulatory, cost optimisation, process improvements, sourcing, target operating model, strategy development… etc
- Be familiar and have experience of applying strategic/analytical/problem solving frameworks
- Experience in working and contracting with external third parties
- Experience in business development (e.g. proposal development and client discussion from external management consulting perspective)
- Ability to self-manage
- Intellectual curiosity, learning capability, focus on effectiveness
- Excellent presentation and writing skills - PowerPoint / Word output with high quality of outputs and verbal articulation
- Good experience of other productivity tools (e.g. Excel, MS Project)
- Highly logical and structured in thinking and structuring problem solving
- Highly intelligent and quick to assimilate new information
- Maturity to deal with senior stakeholders
- Hard working with high level of attention to detail and precision
- Adaptable and comfortable to work on a wide range of activities, from the basic project management activities through to developing insightful options and recommendations to senior leadership
What's on Offer
Starting on an initial 6 month contract, this very exciting, key role will pay an attractive salary with fantastic prospects for extensions and potentially even a permanent role with excellent benefits.