Investment Manager, South Africa
- An Investment Holding firm that operates / focuses on development within Africa
- E2E deal management in both minority & majority equity finance deals
About Our Client
Lonrho is an investment company, with operations purely focused on 14 countries within Africa. Investment opportunities fall primarily within industries in its four main pillars, with the aim of buying companies (either majority or minority shareholdings) and to bring it under the group umbrella.
It is owned by three of Europe’s wealthiest families, and currently has approx. 800 employees with approx. US $150mil p.a. CAPEX available currently is, US $80mil (average deal size US $20mil),
Lonrho are relocating its head offices to Johannesburg, South Africa. The office will employ approximately 18 – 25 staff. Which will include all support functions (HR, IT, Finance etc). Group will be represented in London, however, with all investment decisions taking place there.
The Investment Manager will report directly in to the Head of Investments. He will interact significantly with the Board and Shareholders through report writing and presentations. In addition, he will form part of a 4 man team with one direct report (Associate).
This is an exciting position for an individual to join the Lonrho team in South Africa. It involves working on all aspects of the investment process i.e origination, evaluation, negotiation, structuring, execution of investments and driving value creation strategies. The role represents a rare opportunity for someone to gain exposure across a range of geographies and sectors in Africa such as; Agriculture, Infrastructure, Logistics and FMCG.
The Successful Applicant
- Financial analytical & advanced modelling capabilities
- Project management capability.
- 4 – 8 years in M&A or Transaction services.
- CA / ACA / CFA / Business Administration or alternative Investment qualifications
- Well articulated and written capabilities in English (Portuguese, French, Amharic & Swahili advantageous
What's on Offer
Market related salary + Performance bonus