IT Application & Development Manager
Exciting opportunity to work for a leading global company
Must have excellent leadership skills and a software development background
About Our Client
A very exciting, multinational organisation that is undergoing a large scale digital transformation to significantly upgrade the experience they offer to their customers and streamline their business processes.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the applications organisation to ensure it will contribute to the company achieving its goals.
- Work with CIO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the business strategy.
- Define and enhance methodologies (like Agile, Scrum) and practices for the application life cycle management in line with best practice and practical experience of continuous improvement.
- Implement and manage application life cycle management status reporting, metrics and benchmarks.
- Overseeing the assessment of the technical fitness of the in-house developed application portfolio and their associated costs and risks.
- Working with stakeholders to define a prioritised set of business outcomes and application work to accomplish those outcomes within the limitations of the application budget.
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate / Post graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Management or a related field.
- Experience in software design/development, mobile applications, application architecture, project management, software as a service (SaaS), software integration, automated software testing, data management/governance, business intelligence, and security and process analysis.
- Strong knowledge in Lean IT, agile development, and DevOps principles and frameworks.
- Experience transitioning an organisation from traditional practices to agile development methodologies.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment
What's on Offer
Highly competitive tax free salary + benefits on offer for the right candidate