IT Service Desk Engineer - Must Have Global Banking Experience
Amazing opportunity to work for a large financial services institution
Must have a background in IT support and Banking / Financial Services
About Our Client
A very successful and well established organisation with a diverse workforce comprising of multiple nationalities; this organisation constantly strives to set industry standards by incorporating the latest technologies and investing in the best talent.
- Provide phone support for miscellaneous tier 1 technical issues
- Initiate procedure for handling incidents including recording of the details of the incident symptoms, diagnosis and information about the affected configuration item
- Interface effectively with users to ensure that all diagnostic information is logged for error resolution and incident analysis
- Contribute to the maintenance of incident records throughout the incident life cycle
- Support the investigation of incidents by documenting technical issues, solutions and support information
- Provide support for the processing of user requests for products or services
- Provide information and training to end users regarding the effective use of products and services
- Log and report unresolved incidents and ensure escalation to field engineers or subject matter experts
- Install and commission new products or services and facilitate their upgrades
- Help to maintain contingency plans by using IT security risk analysis methods, tools and techniques to identify potential exposures to information systems (for e.g. Single points of failure, lack of effective countermeasures or lack of tested, up-to-date recovery plans)
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via the phone and through other electronic media
The Successful Applicant
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in an IT disciple or its equivalent
- At least of 3 years of experience in an IT Support role
- Must have a background in a financial services environment preferably in banking
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a strong ability to articulate technical issues to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Preferred industry certification such as ITIL
- Strong stakeholder management approach with good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Flexible to work in a shift system
- Must possess good knowledge of end point and infrastructure technologies such as MS Office, Skype-for-Business, Windows, Exchange, SharePoint and Market data software such as Bloomberg, FactSet, Thomson Reuters etc.
- Initiative and desire to maintain exposure across multiple IT disciplines
- Strong team skills whilst able to work independently with minimum supervision
What's on Offer
- Attractive tax free salary
- Dynamic role
- International environment