Legal and Compliance Officer - FS company in Dubai
Major Financial Services company in Dubai with wide spanning operations
Exciting opportunity to be part of a newly created division in the business
About Our Client
My client is a major organisation with a crucial role in the successful operation of the UAE FS market. It is a public body involved in liaising and partnering with banks and other FS companies across the country. The legal department is very lean and this specific role will fall under a newly created division in the organisation.
- Corporate and Commercial responsibilities - drafting an array of FS related documents
- keeping abreast of local an international FS regulations
- Advisinge management on the compliance of the business, and implement a compliance framework for the company
- Liaising with senior stakeholders at banks, brokerage firms, regulators and other FS entities day to day
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you MUST:
- Be fully bi-lingual in English and Arabic
- Minimum 4 years experience in an FS institution
- Degree in law (qualification in compliance would be added bonus)
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following:
- Dealing with regulators in the UAE
- Knowledge of the securities and derivatives markets
- Knowledge of IOSCO and PFMI principles
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious junior lawyer to work on complex FS matters and to gain exposure to some of the most senior stakeholders in the region. You will be guided by a well regarded senior lawyer so your progression and development in the first few years will be extensive.
Working for a newly formed division in the group means that you will be involved in cutting edge matters which will be invaluable for your CV. The company itself upholds a relaxed working environment with manageable hours and plenty of opportunity for flexible working.