Legal Manager - Law firm and inhouse experience required
Sole Legal Counsel position reporting into the board of directors
Company is going through an exciting period of growth so good time to join
About Our Client
My client is a global conglomerate in the FMCG and Food & Beverage sectors. The group has operations in several countries and cover a range of segments including processed foods, coffee, cosmetics, commodities and more.
Currently the company is planning some very exciting growth not just in the UAE but in particular across Europe. They are looking to open operations in London, Spain, Ukraine and several other EU countries.
- Drafting and vetting of all forms of commercial contracts and agreements including distribution agreements, supplier agreements, lease agreements, trade marks, etc
- Involvement in transactional corporate work such as M&A and JVs
- Protecting the company's IP rights
- Managing external counsel and maintaining effective relationships with them
The Successful Applicant
To be considered you MUST fulfil the following criteria:
- Experience of working both in a law firm AND in-house
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction - UK/US/Australia ideally
- Minimum of 6 years legal experience
- Experience of working on commercial contracts as well as transactional corporate matters
What's on Offer
You will be the sole legal counsel reporting into the CEO and board of directors so it is a very high responsibility role.
Over time this hire will progress to a Head of Legal position and the board will look to grow a legal team around you.
Given the growth ambitions of the company this is an exciting time to join and be a key part of the company's vision for the future