Logistics and Operations Manager
Opportunity with one of the largest food manufacturers in the region
Must have transport operations expericne in the food industry
About Our Client
Multinational Food Manufacturing client in the region
The role of Logistics and Operations Manager will include, but not limited to the following:
Being accountable for control and coordination of planning transport, focusing on routing and optimisation of transport activity related with the Services Providers and the Clients, the Stores
- Responsible to apply the guidelines and reach the targets with the transport service providers and to ensure that these guidelines are well respected in term of costs, quality and service levels.
- To establish and propose the delivery schedule in relationship with the Stores and the Logistic Providers
- To find the most appropriate solution to deliver the goods to stores in order to use optimum the dedicated fleet, the call based trucks in order to stay within the budget and respect the schedule agreed with the stores
- Follow up of the truck's route during the day - since the arrival at the warehouse until the last trip, including the placement of the orders
- To calculate the needs for transport on daily basis taken into account the preparation activity in warehouses
- To coordinate the activity between the logistic and transport providers in order to accomplish the delivery process
- To receive and communicate the changes determined by the emergencies (eg.: push orders, emergencies etc.)
- To communicate to stores the delays and any other discrepancies which affects the quality of the services
- To organize the operation activities implementing of best practices in distribution of goods.
- To make sure that the TSP are respecting the Scope of Work.
- To determine and evolve the transportation plan according to the Client's needs, the legal requirements and local constraints.
- To maintain very well communication with Logistics, Replenishment and Store teams with the focus to improve customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other departments related to the processes taking place in DC and distribution.
The Successful Applicant
For the role of Logistics and Operations Manager the ideal candidate must have the following:
- Overall 10 + years' experience in Logistics operations and transportation with at least 5 years as a manager.
- Must have prior experience in the Food industry
- Should have experience in route planning and optimisation of transport network
What's on Offer
AED 30,000 + Benefits