- Greenfield Project
- Excellent Benefits, Tax Free salary, Housing and Travel paid for
About Our Client
My client are in the energy business and their mission is be the go-to analytics business energy within the region. They are investing heavily in technology and with this being a truly Greenfield project you can bring your expertise to a Brand new project working closely with the head of IT. This role is for a technical leader, reporting into the Director of Data Science, partner with internal and external clients and mentor junior team members, this role will grow significantly over the next few years as such join now to be a part of the early stages of the organizations growth & give your career an acceleration.
As a Principal Data Scientist you will use statistical analysis to analyze, model, and predict the behavior and performance of electric systems across the entire value chain of generation, transmission, storage, distribution, and consumption using various data sources.
The position is to build models which will help build the "smartness" in the applications obeying physics and power-system first principles. You will also be developing AI solutions for non-electric-grid use-cases, and use this technology to analyse customer feedback. You will provide Cognitive Digital Technology solutions using AI, blockchain, etc.) using Containerisation.
The principal data scientist will play a pivotal role in defining the Digital Solutions strategy for the Energy department , working directly with the Data architect and software engineering team to build these applications from the ground up.
This is a permanent role based in Tubuk, Saudi Arabia paying Competitively + Bonus, Housing & Extensive Benefits. Tax Free Salary The Successful Data Scientist will be Confident to Build scenario analysis applications, & Develop solutions that are cloud native but platform agnostic with a view to improve customer Experience and accelerate business outcomes from grid digitalization initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Algorithmic and Problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of statistics
- Deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow and/or Pytorch
- Expert knowledge of Python libraries for signal processing, time series modelling, database querying, statistics, machine learning and visualization
- Experienced with model containerization and integration with CI/CD pipeline
- SQL scripting
The Successful Applicant
- 8 years working in data science
- Heavy experience using Python, R, Spark, Hadoop and Cloud for predictive modelling and data manipulation
- Experience leading projects in data science field required.
- Experience with working in a software / application development environment
- Must have worked in an environment where analytics / AI models are deployed and operational.
- Experience working in Solution Delivery or Devops Environment (eg. dev/ops, CI/CD, etc).
- Agile Methodology
- Cloud experience: AWS / Azure or any other enterprise platforms
- Exposure to big data, AI, IoT and Machine Learning.
- Excellent SQL scripting
- Experience within power/energy industry.
Nice to have
- End-to-end ML model development and deployment
- data management / architecture is an advantage.
- Knowledge of NLP and ontology's a plus
- Bringing innovative ideas from inception through to implementation and experience of doing this
This would suit someone who has publications in journals, hold Data science certifications, GitHub projects, etc and show a passion about Data science in their spare time.
What's on Offer
Health care you and dependants
School Fees paid for