Product Development/Design Manager
Minimum 5 years of experience in structural design for packaging
Technical knowledge in Esko (ArtiosCAD)/ Impact software
About Our Client
Our client is a key player in packaging industry.
- Goal is to provide marketing and (new) product development services to existing and new customers, facilitate the approach to new customers and finally support the sales team in generating sales; key vocal design lead with major players.
- Support Sales team and Sales manager in visiting customers as NPD support once NBD opportunity has identified, manage and lead customer product design workshops, project development discussions and trainings.
- Lead and manage the Design Department towards the achievement of the team objectives.
- To strategically and efficiently execute and lead the new packaging developments predominantly in areas around new carton style, new size creation and promotional packaging
- Explore new paperboard materials targeting defined specs from various suppliers.
- Generate new sales through providing (new) product development services to new and existing customers and/ or through proactive redesign of existing solutions that should help sales penetrate new customers
- Ensure Design skills and Design Centre are used to promote the group as the most innovative packaging solution provider in the market place.
- Be the Design lead for facing (major) customers.
- Offer customers packaging solutions that are designed to promote the sales of their products
- Offer customers packaging solutions that reduce their overall costs for packaging and logistics
- Offer customer packaging solutions that will reduce or better control their risks
- Lead internal New Product Development Process, aligned with Production.
- Need to refine internal processes with pre/press in order to close any weaknesses in the quality cycle.
- Define material specifications that must be used to allow the transfer to performance selling
- Interact with the sales team to encourage workshops/ NPD projects to take place with the distinct purpose of generating sales.
- Interact with the sales team to select SKUs that can be improved in a proactive manner and therefore generate more sales and/or improve profitability.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 5 years of experience in packaging development and designing
- Bachelors' Degree, Technically skilled in designing software Esko (ArtiosCAD)/ Impact software, MS Office etc.
- Ideal Candidates should currently be managing a team of designers and keeping close to the clients regarding their needs.
- UAE drivers Licence
- CAPE Skills are a plus
What's on Offer