Quality Control Engineer/Manager
AED12,000 - AED20,000 per month (AED144,000 - AED240,000)
10 years of experience in Mechanical/Electrical Quality Control
Experience with Heavy Industrial Parts desired
About Our Client
Our client is a key actor in the Electro-Mechanical Industry
- Candidate must possess familiarity with ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Writes procedures, instructions and test plans.
- Supervises Quality Inspectors and provides guidance in the incoming and outbound inspection of machined and electrical products. Must be able to work with Operations to stop shipments if required and solve problems.
- Candidate will provide technical guidance of various Industry and Commercial Material Specs for in support of inspection, product acceptance, and procurement
- Interface with Primary Customer as well as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Suppliers on technical and Quality issues.
- Monitors Quality Performance Metrics - Non-conformances, turn-backs, other pertinent metrics, etc.
- Creates part inspection plans in company's ERP system.
- Responsible for the maintaining the equipment calibration program including scheduling gages for calibration.
- Must be able to fluently read and interpret Engineering Drawings and specifications.
- Experience with Heavy Industrial Parts desired. Oil and Gas Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with leading or working in audits is highly preferred.
- Review and process Non-conformances and Corrective Actions when required.
- Conduct part inspections in absence of Quality Inspectors.
- Responsibility also includes tracking, recording and storage of documents for material traceability and certification of parts supplied by suppliers
- Visit suppliers and conduct supplier Quality Assessments when required
- Familiarity with industry standards including ASTM, ASME, ANSI, BSI, DIN & API will be helpful
- Act as on site company representative at the customer distribution center
- Individuals will be responsible for daily quality control inspections for Incoming Finished Goods including First Article Inspections
- Responsibility includes inspection of machined parts, forging, castings, electrical assemblies, cables and elastomer products
The Successful Applicant
- Engineering degree with a specialization in mechanical or electrical discipline or other
- 10 years quality experience with an industrial manufacturer in a similar position
- Must have proficiency using precision measuring tools (dial/digital calipers, vernier calipers, micrometers, height gauges, plug gauges, and thread gauges, etc.)
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and able to interpret dimensions, tolerances and material specifications
- Technical communication skills both written and oral practices are essential.
What's on Offer