Real Estate Lawyer - in-house
Work for a major multinational real estate and asset management company
Manage the legal function and real estate portfolio
About Our Client
My client is one of the largest owners of real estate in the Western world. Their Dubai office will be looking to appoint a lawyer who can operate independently and support the business long term
- Managing Lease transactions & negotiations; new leases, institutional leases, rent reviews, extensions & renewals, amendments and variations, etc.
- Draft, review, structure and negotiate various real estate financing and re-financing agreements, ie escrow, mortgage, purchase and sale agreements.
- Preparing Lease Approval Requests/Sign-off's for submission including detailed analysis and cash-flows for proposed transactions.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding risk management and dispute resolution issues
- Assist with the real estate components of corporate transactions (e.g., spinoffs, company purchases, Resolution Planning, tenant legal entity issues)
- Advise the business team with respect to regulatory issues and company policies which impact the real estate portfolio
- Instruct external counsel in connection with material real estate transactions and disputes
- Construction component: providing legal support on proposed construction projects including the review and negotiation of main contract terms as well as framework arrangements, reviewing sub-contracts and consultant appointments.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates who apply must meet all of the below criteria
- Common Law qualification (LLB and LLM)
- 4-6 years post qualifying experience in Real Estate and Leasing (particular focus on institutional leasing)
- At least 1 year working experience in the UAE
- Candidates who have financing and re-financing experience within property and real estate will have an advantage
What's on Offer
This role offers great flexibility, and is ideal for someone who is on the lookout for a better work life balance