- Join a new Shared Services Centre based in Tomar
- Be part of a totally new concept in SSC industry
About Our Client
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide's scientific territory and have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902.
Founded in 2019 in Lisbon, Air Liquide European Business Services (ALEBS) aims to support the Air Liquide Group in it's financing and accounting processes
Your role as a Credit and Collection Specialist will involve proactively managing an assigned portfolio of clients by using collection activities based on local market collection strategy and policy.
You will be responsible for performing risk assessment and credit evaluation and you will provide best support for the other customer teams (Billing and cash application) and in-market finance teams to ensure customer payments are processed on time and Air liquide has no overdue invoices.
- Proactive cash collection and follow-up with customers
- Improve DSO and cash flow by minimizing bad
- debt exposure.
- Handle daily order release
- Handle customer queries and drive issue resolution (e.g. price claims, delivery disputes)
- Manage relationship with external customers, with local markets and internally (e.g. other OTC teams)
- Manage customer ledger (up-to-date information about overdue items)
- Month end reporting on aged debt and compliance
- Ownership of cash KPIs delivery
- Support audit and internal controlling teamContinuously support system and process improvement initiatives
- Ensure all documents are billed and delivered to customer
- Sent out dunning letters
- Any other tasks requested by line manager related to credit management and risk analysis
The Successful Applicant
- University or College degree and 2-3 years relevant experience are preferred
- Speaks English fluently
- Other languages are valued (French; Polish, Arabic, German).
- Has financial and/or accounting knowledge
- Has solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills (SAP, Oracle, Navision knowledge is an advantage)
- Previous experience in reporting and credit analysis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Customer Service Orientation
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
- Proven credit experience preferably in a Multinational, multi-currency, shared services environment
What's on Offer
A new and revolutionary project, and the opportunity to work with one of the most recognized players in its industry.