An opportunity to work with a semi-government organisation
Senior manager role overlooking an entire division
About Our Client
Our client a well-established organisation based in Riyadh with expertise in transportation and logistics.
- Participates in formulating strategies, policies and objectives for the Quality and Safety Sector, as well as for the Safety Department.
- Monitors the Safety Department performance against pre-set performance goals and ensure that preventive/corrective actions are taken accordingly.
- Sets the estimated budget for the Safety Department, and monitoring the Department's expenditures and financial performance in coordination with the Financial Affairs.
- Disseminates instructions and circulars in addition to take administrative and technical decisions necessary to fulfil endorsed plans and executive programs.
- Technical Duties
- Promotes good safety practices throughout all operational activities.
- Ensures compliance with safety and occupational health local legal regulations.
- Tracks vehicle accidents and occupational injuries, studies, analyzes and investigates the accidents, and makes recommendations and instructions to prevent future accidents.
- Maintains work accident statistics, analyzes trends and proposes and takes remedial action, where necessary.
- Manages risk assessments process in different activities and locations, assists and supports other Sectors/Departments in risk assessments process and follow-up preventive measures with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures the implementation of safety instructions and requirements at all locations.
- Ensures the implementation of fire drills and evacuation procedure and monitors its effectiveness by undertaking fire drills on all sites.
- Monitors the conducting of safety inspections at any of the company facilities.
- Manages and maintain the safety database, ensuring safety statements are available on all hazardous materials and that effective risk assessments are in place to manage the handling and use of such substances; ensures all assessments are reviewed annually.
- Develops staff training plans on safety procedures, tools and first aid.
- Promotes awareness of prevention and health among workers to prevent work injuries and to enjoy good health.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous environmental improvement and implement programs to deliver these.
- Represents the company's interest while dealing with local and national safety bodies.
- Performs other such roles and duties as may be reasonably required by direct supervisor and related to the job nature.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Industrial Engineering, Business)
- 8 - 10 years of relevant experience in the field of Industrial Safety, With at least 3 years managerial experience
What's on Offer