Sales Design & Proposal Manager, South Africa
- International business with operations in over 60 countries
- Global Leader in Industrial Automation & CI Technology
About Our Client
Yokogawa South Africa (Pty) Ltd is an empowered South African company jointly owned by Identity Capital Partners (Pty) Ltd, a local black women-owned organisation, and Yokogawa Africa Holdings BV, incorporated in the Netherlands.
Yokogawa first entered the South African market in 1978 when a local company was appointed as the sole distributor for Yokogawa process control instrumentation. In 1997 Yokogawa South Africa (Pty) Ltd was formerly established and reported to Yokogawa Europe.
The company enjoys an enviable reputation as a turnkey supplier of high performance, high quality process control and field instrumentation systems and services in the South African chemical, petrochemical, mining, pulp and paper, sugar, power generation and iron and steel industries.
Along with the above-mentioned responsibilities, the successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Provide leadership and coordination of the day-to-day activities of the Front Sales team, while maintaining focus on the department's strategic goals. Develops goals and objectives, manages priorities and inspires the Front Sales team to pursue and win profitable business.
- Collaborate with Yokogawa Middle East & Africa (YMA) and other affiliates and/or coordinating subsidiaries, sales offices or agents to secure profitable business in the area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with shareholders, partners, agents, distributors and suppliers to maximise sales success, while ensuring compliant business activity consistent with Yokogawa's core values.
- Coordinate sales operations with all other departments in the company and/or supporting affiliate(s), i.e. Engineering & Projects, Services & Training, Procurement & Logistics, Finance & Admin, QHSE and HR.
- Analyse sales statistics and market share to determine business growth potential for the department.
- Responsible for Sales & Marketing financial objectives, by forecasting requirements; preparing the regions Mid-Term Business Plans (MTBP) and annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Advise annual and gross-profit targets by assigning customers, listing target projects and allocating sales quotas to the Front Sales team in accordance with the department objectives.
- Prepare and analyse sales plans, budgets, progress reports and monthly sales reports to ensure growth and profitability objectives are achieved.
- Relationship management of the customer interface to completely understand the needs and requirements of the customer, especially project business objectives
- Through the relationship, maximise opportunity for turnover and profit increase by effective change management of scope, timeline, or unanticipated risk.
- Together with the proposals manager, prepare and manage the department's annual capital and operational budget
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- 10 -15 years experience within Design Engineering taking place within Mining, CI & heavy industrial automation environments.
- He/She will have a Bachelors Degree in Electrical or E&E;
- At least 5 years leading Projects of values in excess of R 100M as a Project Manager;
- Proven track record managing internal & external stakeholders according to delivery schedules & time frames.
What's on Offer
A competitive market related offer based on current remuneration structure and market related increases.
Yokogawa offer company contribution to medical and provident fund as well as (discretionary) performance bonuses.