Sales Director - South Africa
- Global Brand
- B2B / B2C
About Our Client
My client is a global organisation that is investing heavily in the Sub Saharan Africa region and can offer exciting career opportunities for high performing individuals who wish to part of a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- This multinational business is striving to become the most innovative, trusted and valued living technology business in the world by 2020. The core values of the organisation are Quality, Passion, Respect and Innovation.
- If you are an Entrepreneurial person who likes to be responsible for your own business and likes giving people accountability while being a 'hands-on' leader, then this role is for you.
- This is a exciting opportunity to work with overseas business owners and be part of a diverse culture where performance
The role of the Sales Director is to provide strategic and leadership guidance to the Sales Function in terms of evaluation of past events, planning of future events, and driving business process which will ensure efficient operation of the Team. The Sales Director will assist the board in achieving business objectives through strategic planning of the following:
- Revenue generation
- Sales direction and leadership
- Process improvement
- Control and management of assets
- Risk and legal framework
The Sales Director is fully accountable to increase annual revenues, maintain and expand the customer base and win new sales opportunities. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the sales strategy required to increase sales growth through existing and new business development.
- Provide exceptional leadership for departmental heads
- Achieve and exceed targets set for the role, and support direct reports to achieve their targets and goals
- Manage key and target accounts building strong relationships to establish, maintain and increase sales
- Explore options to expand the customer base and increase new business opportunities through various routes to market
- Create a strong ethos of positive business development within the team, support individuals and encouraging a 'team' approach
- Monitor and evaluate consumer needs and trends and competitor activity from your own research
The Successful Applicant
- Seasoned sales leader - at least 5 years at a senior management level (responsible for national sales)
- Experience of direct selling through multi-channel operation (B2B or B2C)
- Track record of key account management and business development both as an individual and managing through a sales team.
- Strong distribution exposure (product positioning and brand selling)
- Can perform product planning and deal effectively with supply issues
- Diploma or degree at a minimum (post grad qualification will be an advantage)
Skills & Competences:
- Exemplary leadership credentials
- Experience of training, mentoring and developing teams within a sales environment
- An excellent team player personality
- Ability to set and deliver on a sales strategy with a clear vision
- An aptitude for providing solutions (consultative sales approach)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills and experience analysing and forecasting figures
What's on Offer
Excellent package commensurate with the level of appointment.