Exciting opportunity to work with an Oil & Gas/Commdoties trading business
Opportunity to work in a Global company that is starting up in Dubai
About Our Client
Our client is a World leading global energy trading group that operates in UAE, Switzerland and Africa. They function like an exciting start up in the UAE and are now looking for an experienced Financial Reporting Accountant
Reporting to the Head of Accounts and the CEO/Partner of the Group, the Financial Accountant will be responsible to/for:
- Preparation of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss account and Cash flow statement at the end of the month.
- Assisting with analysis of monthly consolidated financial results and preparing analytical reports for management review
- Liaise with the team in Geneva to monitor adherence to accounting policies and procedures, internal controls and GAAP
- Working closely with auditors and dealing with audit queries
- Performing various ad hoc processes and special projects as necessary
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Maintain communication with the company's major bank accounts
- Provide requirements and support the design and implementation of new information systems to better streamline reporting, control costs, create accountability, and improve and reduce closing cycles
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Financial Accountant role will have
- A minimum of 2-5 years of relevant financial reporting experience in a trading sector.
- Candidates with Professional Finance & Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA etc.) or ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) will be preferred.
- French speaking candidates who have previously interacted with key accounts in Africa will be highly favoured.
- Only candidates who have performed a similar role in an Oil & Gas/Commodities trading business will be considered.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet pressing deadlines to successfully complete quarterly reporting duties
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances.