Senior Associate - Credit Risk (Portfolio & Credit Investments)
Work for Regulator that oversees numerous funds within Saudi Arabia
Opportunity to work for a government entity
About Our Client
Our client is a government entity responsible for overseeing and monitoring the governance, risk & compliance functions of numerous funds within Saudi Arabia. The BoD and Executive Committee comprises of individuals from the Royal Family, Royal Court and senior government officals.
- Perform credit assessment on countries, sectors, and counterparties / investments
- Perform credit due diligence for new investments (private equity, real estate & infrastructure, project finance, private equity funds, hedge funds)
- Perform on-going monitoring of existing investments (compliance with contractual terms, quarterly reviews, impairments etc.)
- Develop credit tiering framework for countries, counterparties, and various fund investments to facilitate credit risk appetite decisions
- Monitor adherence to the fund's Credit & Counterparty Risk Appetite
- Develop credit & country risk dashboard to proactively monitor credit quality changes at country, sector, and single entity level impacting the organizations portfolio
- Identify, monitor and report on key credit risk drivers to the relevant investment team and management committees - credit rating of counterparties/investments, key changes to credit ratings, loan default assessment, collateral assessment etc.
- Maintain credit risk tolerance dashboards, stress test and scenario analysis reporting
- Systems Knowledge: Moody's, S&P, Fitch, SNL, Bloomberg rating & credit risk tools
Portfolio Credit Risk
- Produce various credit risk metrics (Credit Var, Expected Credit Loss, Expected Shortfall, Credit Economical Capital etc.) for the fund portfolio
- Establish credit concentration framework of credit risk metrics and MV concentrations at single name, sector, country & asset class level
- Establish credit stress testing framework involving scenarios such as counterparty/investment default or downgrade coupled with credit deterioration at country/sector level, recovery stress, credit correlation stress etc.
- Monitor credit concentration risk in the organization's portfolio (single name, sector, country, and asset class concentrations)
- Review & access deals proposed, identifying key credit and counterparty risks including their contribution to portfolio credit risk
- Systems Knowledge: MSCI CreditManager, Rating agencies Portfolio Credit Risk tools (e.g. Moody's KMV model), Bloomberg, Asset Management systems such as Barra1/FIS/Aladdin
The Successful Applicant
- Candidate must be involved in complex deal environment - not working capital but leveraged/project finance (credit investments) as well as PE investments
- Adaptable/dynamic personality. He must be quick and sharp and able to automate processes
- Must be quick on his feet i.e. bulk type assessments, limited interaction with other risk teams to deduce viability of deals and assess risk
- Needs to be able to adapt his skills from Capital/Ratings agencies to AssMan/Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Candidate must have (7-9 years experience ) within credit assessment & Portfolio risk responsibilities.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary with benefits.