Senior Business Analyst - Corporate Strategy - UAE National
An exciting opportunity within a fantastic working environment
Must have experience in a similar role and strong analytical skills
About Our Client
A leading semi-government organisation in the UAE with interesting business lines and a strong development and progression culture.
You will be expected to support the Strategy Management and Functional Heads in development and implementation of strategic initiatives (market/ segment/ service development, sales and operational process enhancements etc.) and in the delivery of company-wide performance. You will also be expected to take ownership of assigned components of strategic analysis, validation of BU feasibility studies/business cases, and seek to generate IP for the organization (Analytics and Research).
- Generate high quality economic and sector specific analysis and content inputs to enable C-Level decision making
- Monitor and develop insights on trends in the competitive landscape - across key market segments within the portfolio, understand key growth drivers by market, USP and positioning of the service/product across the multiple business lines - share of market, influence points, penetration and value chain structure etc.
- Build qualitative and quantitative frameworks to evaluate current state of business, financial, service and operations vs. ideal end-state; develop a strong understanding of global best practices to identify opportunities for enhancement; enable recommendations with implementation timelines and ROI criteria.
- Manage one's allocated resources effectively to gather the required data points and independently structure insights to support corporate strategy and planning activities
- Assist in conducting ad-hoc research and analysis on miscellaneous strategic initiatives and M&A activities
- Assist Corporate Strategy Head in delivering in-house strategy related services for business units
- Support the assigned projects and work streams effectively delivering the mandate within the stipulated budget with detailed structure of the project programme and resourcing, ensure timely escalation and management of any operational and/or personnel matters across the working groups etc.
- Facilitate establishment of annual corporate strategic goals: Liaise with Finance and Senior BU Management in annual planning & budgeting sessions, support Directors & VPs in performance target setting and metrics for assessment for the year.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors' Degree in Business Administration (minimum); Additional Masters Degrees in Analytical Disciplines, Economics or Statistics are an advantage
- Minimum 3+ years' relevant experience in C-level advisory roles or divisional leadership within corporate or strategic management consulting
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills - ability to structure decision trees and develop a high-level assessment of situation-issues-solutions prior to in-depth data gathering and testing to validate the hypotheses
- Proficient in use of MS Office and Statistics programs - Project Management tools, SPSS, PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (formal and informal presentations) tailored to large audiences and smaller one-to-one discussions - English Language proficiency (bi-lingual business Arabic skills are an advantage though not a requirement)
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary
- Diverse project portfolio
- Exciting role with exposure to high profile government organisations and stakeholders
- Opportunity to work for an organisation, contributing to the growth and development of the UAE