Senior Commodity Trading Manager
A global trading company with offices in Dubai require a Senior Trading Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced trader to grow the Dubai hub
About Our Client
- Finding, developing and managing suppliers for core trading commodities aligned with customers' expectations and our company targets whilst ensuring that product quality is achieved & maintained.
- Forecasting and managing budgets effectively and delivering considerable profit targets.
- Effectively managing commodity and currency risk and negotiating a sustainable, market leading commercial position
- Building a long term sourcing plan, through sourcing efficiently, striving to exceed KPI forecasts and driving the food category/commodity
- Successfully negotiate food commodity contracts and manage supplier relationship in line with budget and operational requirements
- Develop commodity and strategic sourcing strategies and plans to support global procurement and the business
- Own and manage all commodity spend for the UAE business successfully managing supplier relationships
- Using market insights to influence decisions and drive change
- Effectively and efficiently establish customer needs, matching innovative solutions to meet those needs
- Performing market assessments, trends and recommending mitigation action plans
The Desired Candidate will have the following:
- Proven expertise in sourcing speciality food ingredients as a Commodity Trading Manager in a trade environment
- The desired candidate will have a well-established own business portfolio that will in turn generate profitable business for our company from immediate employment.
- In addition you will be able to provide our company with a sustainable business portfolio that will have significant added value to our existing Businesses.
The Successful Applicant
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in purchasing or business.
- Expert knowledge of commodity based materials is essential - whilst we have no restrictions related to specific business segments the desired candidate would be an expert in certain Foodstuff such as Frozen Meat (Beef, Chicken, Pork, others), dairy or grains
- Strong global commodity trading experience ideally 10+ years
- Willingness to travel internationally to support the trading commodity and company requirements
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with the opportunity to earn a significant annual bonus compensation subject to compliance with company's targeted goals.