Senior Financial Accountant/Analyst
Leading Media Company
About Our Client
Leading Abu Dhabi based media company
- Manage and supervise a Finance Team of four, working closely with the AP/AR Supervisor to ensure the accounts payable and receivable functions are running smoothly and all related deliverables are met.
- Set team objectives and work closely with them to ensure their objectives are met by year end.
- To oversee and continually improve end to end finance systems and processes including bureaux processes & procedures and banking related processes.
- Review other business systems and advise on changes to work flows to ensure more adequate controls are in place.
- Review the monthly financial accounts pack and provide detailed commentary at the end of each month on variances and movements against budget/forecast and prior months and years.
- Management Accounting responsibilities including the provision of detailed annual budgets and five year plans and the preparation of quarterly P&L forecast, quarterly cash flow forecast and cash management.
- Review and maintain the monthly balance sheet accounts and ensure balances are in line with adequate accounting policies, highlighting any issues and discrepancies to the Finance Manager.
- Review and approve monthly payroll, billing, bank recs, weekly payment runs and month end journals as prepared by the team highlighting any issues and discrepancies to the Finance Manager.
- Prepare key monthly reports as requested by the Finance Manager (example detailed revenue and coverage related reports, KPI reports etc..).
- Provision of timely, relevant and accurate information to senior management within finance and wider teams to facilitate decisions and control.
- Audit lead preparation, and compliance for the external audit in addition to ensuring internal audit compliance.
- Review contract and supplier agreements before contracts are finalized by legal department.
- Ensure Capex items are accounted for correctly and Capex expenditure is in line with budget.
- Main point of contact for any SAP related issues.
- Work closely with the business for financial planning to ensure spend within budget and support commercial decision making.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 7 years' experience in this field with at least 3 years' experience in leading and supervising a small finance team.
- Qualified accountant holding a professional qualification from a recognised accounting body (ACCA, CA, CIMA).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organised, efficient and pro-active.
- Results driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines with flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- PC skills - Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced excel skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Previous SAP ERP working knowledge with ERP implementation experience is highly desirable.
- Arabic speaking candidates with media sector experience will be given preference.
What's on Offer
Competitive package, great work culture.