Senior Manager, Operational Risk
About Our Client
The client is a New York headquartered payments business with operations globally - they have been in business for over 30 years and have operations within the region; they have also been making headlines recently for positive news surrounding their business.
- Handle aspects of Operational Risk such as control testing, incident management, incident validation control, business impact analysis, threat analysis,
- Act as a Risk interface between different departments across the business.
- Write and implement policies and procedures to minimize risk exposure and drive adherence to the risk management framework and robust controls.
- Plan and execute risk and control assessments as well as promote risk awareness, understanding and culture.
- Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities, and evaluate compliance with operational, legal, regulatory, finance, and IT policies and procedures.
- Drive and implement cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk goals, policies and procedures.
- Provide risk and control advice and education for the benefit of the organization, be a champion and advocate for strong risk management and governance controls, and partner with other control functions to strengthen the three lines of defense model.
- Provide insights on IT, Security and Technology risk facing the business
The Successful Applicant
- 8-12 years' of experience within the Operational Risk function at a Bank/ Financial Institution is a pre-requisite
- In addition to core operational risk, strong knowledge of IT, Technology and Security risk management is advantageous
- The ability to balance commercial objectives with risk considerations in a pragmatic manner.
- Ability to quickly understand and critically analyse complex processes, identify and assess potential risks, and determine whether those risks are appropriately mitigated using various techniques
- Experience in dealing with senior government officials and senior business executives.
- Excellent stakeholder management & communication skills.
- Multi-country experience is preferable
- Excellent skills in written work, specifically responding to government / regulatory inquiries and questionnaires; existing government relationships are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time is hugely desirable
What's on Offer
Career progression, excellent exposure and work-life balance.