Shift Manager - Cans / Ends
An opportunity to join world's leading Can manufacturer
Exposure to multinational environment
About Our Client
My client is world's leading can manufacturer. This position will be based in their Dammam production facilities.
- Supervise process and personnel in the team to ensure achievement of production targets through the minimizing of downtime and production losses.
- Responsible for shift schedule and planning including: manpower planning, work load assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings and plan for review meetings as necessary to ensure job assigned to individuals completed efficiently. Work closely with other Shift managers to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools.
- Follow and maintain organization's SOPs and safe working practices. Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and ensure regular feedback to APM about employee performance.
- Have an active role in the company's continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company. As part of this lead one of the area team to drive Lean systems and implement the continuous improvement activities in the area using lean tools such as 5S, TPM, SMED
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Production Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in production management.
- A manufacturing background in a high speed, high volume continuous process preferably FMCG.
- Flexibility to work on shift and rotational basis.
What's on Offer
Competitive package with family status and benefits.