Sourcing Category Manager - General Services
A leading financial services business in Abu Dhabi require a Sourcing Manager
Sourcing Scope - Professional Services, Mtkg, Properties, Market Data
About Our Client
A local financial services business with Global Offices based in AbuDhabi
- The Sourcing Category Manager will provide direction and guidance to Sourcing Manager(s) and Transactional Buyer(s) assigned to the category, to ensure suppliers and contracts are delivering value for money, minimizing risk, and improving service and social objectives for the categories of responsibility
- Provides leadership and accountability, ensuring process compliance and delivering optimal sourcing benefits from category management.
- Ensures best commercial value is negotiated and obtained for purchases. Specifically prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, select and identify most appropriate supplier (price, quality, conditions…) in collaboration with requesting department. Also negotiate contracts with legal department.
- Works with the Head of Sourcing to defined Category strategy, setting performance objectives and monitoring progress. Also actively engaging with and securing support from key local stakeholders (Finance, HRG,…)
- Collaborates with stakeholders to create, manage, and execute category plans e.g.:
- Develops annual category sourcing plans through detailed analysis of contracts, spend analysis, usage patterns, future demands, and benchmark data ensuring full alignment between company requirements and SVM targets.
- Lead transformational change through category strategies to include demand management, specification review, and "grouping" of similar goods and/or services using catalogue management techniques.
- Ensure that the Category Management is aligned with company corporate Strategies, in cooperation with business planning and strategy and delivers results to the bottom line.
- Ensures that market intelligence is updated regularly and - ensures that any changes are updated in the category strategy and the appropriate steps are taken accordingly to mitigate any potential impact that this information may have to the organization
- Monitors and reports all strategic savings on a monthly basis to the Head of Strategic Procurement.
- Continuously reviews category management information to identify "new opportunities" to minimize any potential savings gap.
- Provide expertise, leadership and support to the organizations to drive overall productivity program, promoting best practice sharing, benchmarking, market intelligence, etc.
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of procurement as a value adding function within the organization.
The Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for, and will lead and execute the overall strategy for aligning the demand/supply (i.e. procurement) of goods and services for specific sourcing categories
The Sourcing Category Manager will deliver measurable value to the Organization by using strategic sourcing, negotiations, contract enablement, and life-cycle management for responsible areas of spend.
Functions within the framework and boundaries of Group policies as well as overall organisational and governance frameworks.
Authorised to take decisions as per the approved authorisation matrix.
The Successful Applicant
- English, Arabic speaking is desirable
- 10 years demonstrable sourcing category management experience, including writing and executing sourcing category strategies
- strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior level stakeholders to build trusted relationships
- Ability to align with business strategy and engage Senior Management to reinforce the value of SVM
- Can operate in a multi matrix, performance driven structure, able to lead cross-functional projects
- Hands on Management style for projects and management of third parties, able to get involved as needed to offer support in group BU operations.
- Strong change agent, with the ability to make things happen, gain traction quickly and motivated by successful delivery
Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and strong negotiator who can effectively manage relationships that are widely dispersed both functionally and geographically.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary