Sr. Information Security Analyst (SOC)
Great opportunity to work with a leading organisation at an exciting time
Must have strong SOC experience in the Energy sector
About Our Client
A leading government organisation in Qatar with strong development and progression culture.
- Monitor external threat feeds and test their applicability for internal environments.
- Manage, and maintain vulnerability management processes and provide regular status reports.
- Closely involved in developing, tuning and implementing threat detection analytics.
- Proactively look for threats based on a thorough understanding of the environment.
- Perform penetration testing activities on the infrastructure, both external and internal.
- Hunt for Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) in the environment with information like current trends, new threats and vulnerabilities from online resources.
- Perform in-depth forensic and malware analysis.
- Identify an intrusion, analyse and compare with previously identified incidents to understand if it was an isolated intrusion or part of a larger campaign.
- Liaise with Monitoring and Incident response team to come up with advanced ways to detect previously unidentified intrusions and threats.
- Maintain external contracts for external penetration testing on regular schedules.
- Maintain external forensic call off support for escalated incidents.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering.
- 10 years of technical experience in Information Security, System Administration, or Network Engineering with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security.
- Preferably experience with large ICS & ICT environments in the Energy sector.
- Strong experience with Malware analysis, Vulnerability assessment & Penetration testing, Forensic & memory analysis, and Data analytics.
- Possession of Industry Certifications (Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Expert Penetration Tester (CEPT), OSCE/ CHFI/ SANS Cyber Threat Hunting/ SANS GREM or equivalent SIEM/ security technologies technical certification (Advanced Level).
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of penetration techniques and forensic techniques.
- Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes.
- Experience with web content filtering technology - policy engineering and troubleshooting.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary
- Diverse project portfolio
- Opportunity to work for an organisation, contributing to the growth and development of the Qatar