Tax Manager MENA
- Regional tax management experience required for the role
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest communication players in the world. As part of its North African growth strategy, we are recruiting a Tax Manager for the MENA region to be based in Egypt.
Based in Cairo, you report to Group tax Director based overseas and play a key role in managing tax related matters in the MENA region.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Coordinating tax planning, management, anticipation and optimization of the MENA entities effective tax rate,
- Planning and developing new policies and procedures in response to changing corporate initiatives,
- Following up of the new tax legislation and proposal for tax optimization or tax refunds,
- Closing liaison with Corporate tax function regarding international tax planning work and foreign aspects of MENA tax planning,
- Providing advice to the business units, corporate tax department and internal tax advising to the MENA agencies,
- Getting involved in Group and Company reorganizations, acquisitions, reduction of legal entities and disposals,
- Identifying, quantifying and communicating tax-planning strategies for all entities, including researching and developing the most tax efficient action plan and/or ownership structure,
- Overseeing computation of tax provision for monthly and annual financial reporting (actual, annual budget and forecast) and ensuring correct tax reporting for both local financials as well as corporate reporting, working closely with the Chief Accounting Officer,
- Following and justifying deferred taxes in the MENA entities and following tax reserves,
- Taking care of tax auditing which entails pro-active coordination of and participation in tax audits and coordinating the company's relationship with tax auditors.
The Successful Applicant
You are degree educated with a minimum of seven years' experience in a similar role having overseen multiple countries with international companies and/or BIG 4 advising firms in Egypt. International professional experience will be much appreciated for this role. You have demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven tax projects including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams besides, you are willing to travel frequently in the MENA region for the role.
What's on Offer
An attractive local package