About Our Client
Our client is an international conglomerate group that operates in the Manufacturing, Transportation, Hospitality, Oil & Gas, Healthcare and Infrastructure segments. They have a committed management team and are now looking to further expand their finance function by hiring an experienced Tax Specialist.
Reporting to the CFO, this Tax Specialist will be responsible to/for:
- Ensure compliance with local and international indirect tax regulations, implications and treatments
- Provide innovative tax planning and review complex VAT returns
- Assist in implementation of VAT strategies
- Liaise with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the Group.
- Review current and deferred tax provision
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax law and accounting principles on the business
- Country wise Tax data management (Master data and account related data)
- Plan, direct, and execute various tax projects.
- Promote awareness of indirect tax across the Group, influencing and managing the business expectations relating to indirect taxes
- Research and develop tax-saving strategies.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this Tax Specialist role will have;
- A minimum of 4-6 years of relevant tax experience.
- Candidates with Professional Finance & Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA etc.) or ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) will be preferred.
- Only candidates who have performed a specific tax (mainly VAT) role will be considered.
- Any implementation experience (VAT, GST) is beneficial.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. The role offers the autonomy to implement and manage VAT across the business, finally growing into a fully-fledged senior tax position in future.