PLEASE NOTE: This role is open to UAE Nationals (with family book) only!
If you are not a UAE National, with a family book, please do not apply.
About Our Client
My client is one of Dubai's best known organisations, with interests ranging from Property & Real Estate, to Retail, Hospitality & Media.
They have an excellent reputation in Dubai, and are the home of some of the cities best known brands and attractions.
The key responsibilities of the role will be split around three key sectors;
- Contribute to fund raising for the group
- Review Term Sheets, CTAs, & loan documents. Ensuring all terms of loan documents are aligned with terms as negotiated with banks, and that these are practical from a business operations point of view
- You must be familiar with financial covenants calculations, and Financial Derivatives required for calculating & executing Hedges
- You will have a solid knowledge of banking & trade finance products, both from a funding perspective & a business operations requirements
- You must be able to maintain strong relationships with the banks & have good negotiation skills to manage & resolve issues with the banks, whether related to funding, cash management, or business operations
- Maintain close relationships with contacts at subsidiary businesses and be able to address their banking and treasury needs
- Ensure the Group and its subsidiary businesses Approved Bank Mandates are constantly complied with
- Lead the Cash Management and Forecasting process, liaising with different stakeholders & constantly monitoring and updating cash forecasts.
- Maintain oversight of the group's cash balance, ensuring that cash is managed efficiently to maximize shareholder returns
- Maintain strict Financial Controls at all times, ensuring compliance with Policies, Procedures, and Delegation of Authority
- Management of the AP, AR, GL functions
- Ensure the monthly close is completed on time, in line with the reporting calendar, and that all checks & controls are performed, and that monthly MIS reports are produced accurately on time
- Ensure the group is VAT compliant, and this is filed accurately and timely
- Ensure the procurement process is in line with the company's policy
- Take an active role in the business planning process
- Constantly review internal policies and procedures, identifying gaps, enhancing existing processes & procedures
- Keep up to date with local, regional & global economic / market trends when it comes to financial management
- Help to develop a fully automated process for payments, with the goal of enhancing efficiency and reducing risk
- Support the leadership by taking on special projects / ad hoc requirements
- Lead system Implementations / Upgrades
- Build strong relationships internally & externally with all relevant stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of VP Finance will demonstrate;
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience within Finance / Accounting
- Experience with multinational companies or major, diversified groups (preferred, not essential)
- A minimum of a Finance or accounting Related degree, preferably you will have a formal accounting qualification (MBA / CPA / CFA)
- You will be a strong communicator & negotiator, with excellent analytical skills
- You MUST be a UAE National (with a family book). Candidates who do not meet this requirement will be dismissed immediately.
In addition, you will be a flexible and adaptable character, who is highly driven to achieve success, but has a strong understanding of people both personally and professionally. You will value positive leadership, with a focus on talent development for your people, and driving a high performance, collaborative team culture.
You will be an individual who takes initiative, thinks strategically and makes an active effort to influence and communicate with others. You will take pride & accountability in your work and constantly seek to deliver excellence in everything you do.
What's on Offer
My client can offer a competitive package for this role, with a salary of between 50,000 & 70,000 AED per month, depending on the level of qualification and experience you have to offer. There will also be a very strong family benefits package (business class flight tickets, excellent health insurance, schooling for up to 3 children).